Media Briefing/Press ConferenceFrom: Australian Science Media Centre
- Dr Jatin Kala is a Lecturer and ARC DECRA Fellow at Murdoch University. Jatin is a Lead Author of Chapter 1 (Framing and Context). His expertise is in regional climate, extreme weather, and atmospheric dynamics.
- Professor Ove Hoegh Guldberg is Director of The University of Queensland’s Global Change Institute and a member of The Great Barrier Reef Taskforce on water quality. Ove is Coordinating Lead Author of the Summary for Policymakers of Chapter 3 (Impacts of 1.5C global warming on natural and human systems).His expertise is in oceans, coral reefs, ecosystems and people.
- Professor Peter Newman is John Curtin Distinguished Professor of Sustainability, Curtin University Sustainability Policy (CUSP) Institute. Peter is a Lead author of Chapter 4 (Strengthening and implementing the global response to the threat of climate change). His expertise is in renewable energy, transport and city planning
- Professor Mark Howden is Director of the Climate Change Institute at the Australian National University. Mark is a Review Editor of Chapter 4 and Vice Chair of working group II. His expertise includes food security, agriculture, climate risk management and greenhouse gas inventories
- Associate Professor Bronwyn Hayward is Director of the Sustainable Citizenship and Civic Imagination Research Group: Hei Puāwaitanga, and Associate Dean of Postgraduate Research at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand. Bronwyn is the Lead Author of the Summary for Policymakers of Chapter 5 (Sustainable development, poverty eradication and reducing inequalities). Her expertise is in sustainability, cities and youth.
Date: Sun 7th Oct 2017
Start Time: 19:00 AEDT
Duration: Approx 1 hour, 25 minutes