The briefing will discuss the following issues:
- What is radiofrequency electromagnetic energy and why are some people worried about it?
- What regulations will be put in place to ensure exposure to electromagnetic energy from 5G antennas and devices is kept within safe limits?
- Do we know enough about the biological effects of radiofrequency electromagnetic energy exposure? Is more research needed?
- Dr Ken Karipidis, Assistant Director, Assessment and Advice Section, Radiation Health Services Branch, Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA)
- Dr Sarah Loughran, Director of the Australian Centre for Electromagnetic Bioeffects Research at the University of Wollongong
- Dr Geza Benke, Senior Research Fellow (School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine), Monash University
Date: Tuesday 16 July 2019
Start Time: 10:30am AEST
Duration: Approx 45 min
Disclaimer: None of the panelists have declared conflicts of interest. The AusSMC receives funding from more than 70 different organisations with individual sponsorship capped at under 10% to maintain the Centre's independence. The Australian Mobile and Telecommunications Association is a sponsor of the AusSMC, and provides just under 0.5% of the AusSMC's funding. Click here for a full list of sponsors.