Media BriefingFrom: Australian Science Media Centre *Recording now available, see link below*
The briefing will bring together three leading experts to discuss the following issues:
- Do we still need to do research on animals?
- Why do we need primate research?
- Why does it all feel so secretive?
- Are we using more or less animals in research?
- Professor Doug Hilton is the Director of the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute and President of the Association of Australian Medical Research Institutes
- Associate Professor James Bourne is a researcher at Monash University. He is Chair, Nonhuman Primate Breeding and Research Facility Board and conducts research on non-human primates
- Dr Malcolm France is vet and an assessor for two standards authorities and is Chair of an Animal Ethics Committee. He was inaugural President of the Australian and New Zealand Laboratory Animal Association
JOIN THE BRIEFING
Date: Wednesday 17 February, 2016
Start time: 09:30 am AEDT
Duration: 57 mins