Media Briefing/Press ConferenceFrom: Australian Science Media Centre
The briefing will discuss the following issues:
- Why is this season so bad?
- What are the strains that are being detected in this year’s infections?
- Did we cover them in the vaccine?
- Is it a good idea to get the jab now?
- When is the best time to get the jab?
- Who’s most at risk, why?
- What would be a real game changer to combat influenza?
- Why should pregnant women get a flu shot?
- Any evidence on anti-vaxxers causing any extra problems?
- Professor William (Bill) Rawlinson AM is a Senior Medical Virologist, Director of Serology, Virology and OTDS Laboratories (SAViD) | NSW Health Pathology Randwick | UNSW
- Professor Robert Booy is a researcher in child & adolescent health from the Sydney Medical School, The Children's Hospital at Westmead | University of Sydney
- Dr Elizabeth McCarthy is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynocology | University of Melbourne
- Dr Kirsty Short is a Research Fellow at the School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences | University of Queensland
Date: 07 May 2018
This briefing has now finished. If you would like to see the recording, you can find the link below.