What is 'Pitch a story'?
Are you an expert sitting on a fantastic idea for a story or a really striking image or video you think the media would love but are unsure how to get their attention? Simply provide a brief jargon-free outline of the story or upload your images or video with a short informative description, and let journalists know how to get hold of you, and your tale could be tomorrow's news or a weekend feature.
What kind of thing is suitable?
- Amazing, striking images and video. Can you imagine a newspaper printing the image or a video going viral on social media?
- Important scientific issues in your field of study which impact the public, but which have flown under the radar.
- Interesting personal tales from the field or lab.
- Quirky findings that fly in the face of conventional wisdom.
- Expert opinion that brings a new angle to a topical issue
What kind of thing is not suitable?
- Funding announcements, academic lectures, jargon-filled technical information and staff appointments.
For some helpful general tips and guides on how to work with the media, click here.
To pitch a story, you will need to first register as an expert here.
Registered experts can submit a story pitch via the button on the home page right column or click here.